Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Reflections of a Housewife"

I was inspired to create this layout after taking a pic of my reflection in a stainless steel pot to submit to a photo challenge on http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/ ("Faces in Strange Places"). The On Assignment challenge for the Dec. 2011 issue of Scrapbooks Etc. magazine (http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/) is "Creative use of photos" so I submitted this layout for that challenge because of how I used the small phots as reflections of me in the hand-made mirror embellishments. Each "reflection" comes with a quote dealing with my reflections of my life right now. The quotes are: 1. I love being Mrs. William Henderson & that's the only title I need. 2. People don't respect me because I don't have a job. 3. Our grandmothers & great grandmothers didn't have jobs & people respected them. 4. People think housewives don't do anything but sit at  home all day. 5. A lot of people say they would get bored if they didn't have a job but I don't.
The glitter glue & the charms I used underneath the title were part of the pkg. I got from Cherrie at http://thescrappycottage.blogspot.com/ when she had her giveaway. The pkg. had a lot of nice things in it and I am excited about using more of them on future layouts! Thanks again, Cherrie!

3 comments:

  1. Like your take on the challenge. And you are so sweet with your kind words. SO glad you are able to use the things I sent you in such a great way......

    ReplyDelete